(Not really important) I will buy a new laptop come the new school year I'm thinking of an intel because of their transistors 65nm better them AMDs 90nm anyway 2 GB RAM HDD don't care have a 250 GB external has to have a good graphics card inter graded. Now I'm thinking of a Toshiba which will probably have Vista which is ok.

Now the questions the CD that the manufacturer supplies is that like an iso of what they have on all laptops merely for when something happens can I burn it for a backup (I know it will only work on the specific laptop brand) Is it wise to uninstall some of the crap software it comes with? Should I delete the hidden partion that will be there?

If you can elaborate on some other laptop questions that are frequently asked that would be helpful as well.

I know for lugging it around all day you want something lightweight. An extra battery would be a plus. Leave the hidden partition alone. A lot of people use PC Decrapifier When setting up a new computer. I'd still double-check on any programs related to the specified computer

Mark

any info about the CD? Also does the anti drop function(don't know whats it called but if you drop the laptop it senses that it been dropped and stops the HDD from moving its head, as not to out data at risk) standard on all laptops or not?