Well, we got some games that we cant play at moms house, only at dads house. Well, we really wanna be able to play them at momsw house since we only at dads house on weekends, and its annoying cause nick (my brother) wants to play fear all the time, and i want to play Call of Duty2 all the time, and dad want so play Call of Duty sometimes, and we kinda race for the compuyter sometimes.*well, moer my brother and i, my dads more calm about it, since he can play whenever he want pretyty mush)

So, we though, depending on the prices, we might be able to upgrade moms computer so we can play the games there. So, my dad said we might need a new vid card, but there was 2 different things you might have etc. He also said there was some program you could download and it tells you pretty much everything about your computer, so we could see what we need to upgrade.....................

So the question here is:

What is one of the program that wuold tell us all the specs of out comp, so we can compare thatto the game requirements and see what we need to upgrade?

Thanks in Advance!

-Joe

Edited by jamaicaman

Everest will tell you the ins and outs of your computer. But! Just for the basic specs you can just type the name and model into google (assuming its not home built).

Also go to Control Panel > System, for CPU & ram, then right lick the desktop > "Properties" > Advanced, for your video card

Okie-dokie, i tryed SIW first, and i dont know really which option i need to push............................ I left to game box at my dads house, so i need to get that on thursday when he come over, ill tell you what i have/need once i get the box. Ill update you guys once i got it all down. Thanks

-Joe

Requirments/I Haves:

Video Card:

I need:3d hardware Accelerator card-DirectX 9.0c compatible 64mb

I have:Intel 865-G PCI Accelerated SVGA

Processor:

I need:Pentium 4 1.4ghz or AMD athlon XP 1700+ processor or higher

I have:Intel Celeron D

Sound Card:

I need:16-bit Sound card

I have:AC'97 Audio Controller

Thats all the things im unsure about. Thanks!

-Joe

I'm not a big gamer and I'm not up on all the latest processors. Your video card choices are limited. It's a PCI slot not AGP Here's NewEgg's selection. Remember you want DX 9 support Are you OK on memory? Just remember that it probably won't be near as good as playing it on the other machine. What is the motheboard make and model?

Mark

NewEgg

Edited by garmanma
I'm not a big gamer and I'm not up on all the latest processors. Your video card choices are limited. It's a PCI slot not AGP Here's NewEgg's selection. Remember you want DX 9 support Are you OK on memory? Just remember that it probably won't be near as good as playing it on the other machine. What is the motheboard make and model?

Mark

NewEgg

Motherboard Make/Model:

Model=0TC667

Make=Not sure what it would say of it................... but what im guessing for what it says would be:

Dell Computer Corp.

Dont think thats right, for the make i mean, doesnt really say, unless i just missed it?

Thanks

-Joe

P.S. oh, yeah, im fine on memeory!

Hi Joe,

You said you were fine on memory, but does your Mom's comp have 1 gig of memory? You will need at least that much to play COD2 and Nick to play FEAR.

By the way, you are set for a ride with Coach tomorrow, get your stuff out of Mom's car tonight! Sorry I have to work! :(

Dad