Internet Explorer 7 keeps freezing up on me and I always get the same application error message:

The instruction at "0x41009551" referenced memory at "0x039f3b1c" (<-this part is always different). The memory could not be read.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the heck is going on and why IE7 keeps doing this?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
Internet Explorer 7 keeps freezing up on me and I always get the same application error message:

The instruction at "0x41009551" referenced memory at "0x039f3b1c" (<-this part is always different). The memory could not be read.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the heck is going on and why IE7 keeps doing this?

TIA!

TIA!

I have been having the same problem with that error message every time I shut down IE7. Please let me know if you find something that works. It is extremely annoying and microsoft tech support has not been any help sp far.

Update all drivers, and check your RAM. Alos, this could be caused by spyware, a bad ActiveX control in Add-ons, a badly behaving toolbar or other issues with IE itself. Start by doing anti-malware scans, deleting ActiveX controls in Manage Add-ons (necessary ones will be recreated when using the program), uninstalling toolbars one at a time to see if one of them is the problem. You might need to repair IE.

TIA!

It looks like malware (spyware) , something which should not be there and is poorly written , running as part of IE and trying to read memory addresses it is not allowed to .

Go to the Malware Removal and Hijackthis logs board and post a log for an expert to review and tell you how to remove what you have been infected with.