will it come with an instalation disk

or a recovery console

that is good news

but in the past dell hasent

been good to the consumer

that is here in new zealand

i cannot speak for other countrys

marty

Good question, marty! I'm not sure if it will come with installation disks or a recovery CD. That would sure make sense to me though. :D

I think this is good news not just because linux can now come preinstalled but also because these computers will have to be built with hardware that is known to work well with linux. Linux hardware support is good, but not great. Things like dual monitors and wireless cards are often hit or miss with linux. The sad part is that it's generally not linux's fault, it's really the manufacturer's problem since most decide to completely ignore the open source community.

I think this is good news not just because linux can now come preinstalled but also because these computers will have to be built with hardware that is known to work well with linux. Linux hardware support is good, but not great. Things like dual monitors and wireless cards are often hit or miss with linux. The sad part is that it's generally not linux's fault, it's really the manufacturer's problem since most decide to completely ignore the open source community.

Hey Da5id!

Welcome to Besttechie.net and to our Linux forum! Nice to meet you! :matrix:

Hey Da5id!

Welcome to Besttechie.net and to our Linux forum! Nice to meet you! :matrix:

Thanks for the welcome hitest!

You're very welcome! I think you'll like it here:-)

Be sure to check out the besttechie cafe and Whiskyman's bar hosted by my friends macmarauder and TheTerrorist_75. :thumbsup: