i was having a problem with xp professional telling me that i had a serious system error. it had something to do with my ip. so i though that it was the operating system that i had. i went to digilink computers and paid 25$ for a legal version of xp home and i reinstalled and registerd. after i put all of my programs on my computer i was playing age of empires 2 and the error came up and closed my game. every time it comes up it ends whatever im doing and it pops up everytime i do something. but i wont have any issues at system idle..... please help

i was having a problem with xp professional telling me that i had a serious system error. it had something to do with my ip. so i though that it was the operating system that i had. i went to digilink computers and paid 25$ for a legal version of xp home and i reinstalled and registerd. after i put all of my programs on my computer i was playing age of empires 2 and the error came up and closed my game. every time it comes up it ends whatever im doing and it pops up everytime i do something. but i wont have any issues at system idle..... please help

ip=Internet Provider

Are you trying to say your XP Pro was Illegal copy?

your compt restarting isnt a

registration issue

it is a sys issue

hard ware or spyware or virus

it may be a power problem

try disabling stand by and

and hibernation

and then try your sys

marty

i was having a problem with xp professional telling me that i had a serious system error. it had something to do with my ip.

This sounds like a variant of SmitFraud.

As for the $25 for the OS well I would have to see that on paper. I know many machine out there are running hacked versions of XP, no system errors for the License key????

M

Afterthought:

If you produced a valid license why not install the OS for "that" license?

Edited by mikex