Windows Mobile Video Conversion

Last week I was in south Alabama and was able to tour parts of Enterprise hit by the storm. I got some good video of the highschool and nearby neighboorhood, however I cant view the video with my computer. I took the video with a pocket PC running Windows Mobile 5.0, but windows media player wont play the files and "Windows File Association" doesnt recognize them either. How cna I view these files on my computer?

Thanks,

Bubba

Window Media Player tells me this file isnt compatible and winamp just freezes. Unless Im total missing something... it doesnt have an extension.

This is what Windows File Association tells me:

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

Yet, WMP automaticaly recognizes it, and "claims" it.... :wacko:

EDIT:

Whoops, I was totally missing something. THe file type is MP4.

Edited by Bubba Bob
your welcome :-)

I think that you have now installed quicktime(and the codec for it), windows media player may play the file.

Nope. Only quick time or Itunes will play it. I hate quicktime. Grrr. I need to find a way to convert it... Then uninstall Quick Crap :thumbsup:

I would set a restore point then install the standard k-lite codec pack. I am pretty certain it contains the codec to play quicktime videos. On occasion codecs can cause conflicts, so that is why I recommended setting a restore point. if it should casue a problem, you can roll back your system.