i use the FP my self at times

im not sure how he is nor do i carer

has any one had thoughts like i did

i feel quiet upset with my self

for hoping he would kill himself

as ime not that sort of person in certain circumstances

any one relate to it

marty

Well, Marty, as much as motorcyclists scare me (I give them LOTS of room as I'm afraid of them wiping out in front of me and running over them!) I must admit that when I see an SUV or Minivan going way above the speed limit, swerving in and out of traffic, driver talking on a cellphone, I can't help wishing they'd either get pulled over by a cop or end up in a ditch!

And if the driver DOES end up in a ditch or pulled over, I can't help grinning...I'm so bad. :unsure:

It especially infuriates me when these drivers have kids in the car! Oh, that really gets me angry beyond belief!!! The only time I really want a cellphone is when I want to call the cops with the license plate of irresponsible drivers carting children!

We have the occasional bicyclist that insists on using the road, driving in the car lane. They REALLY worry me. It is "wrong" according to the laws, but I insist my kids use the sidewalks or the side of the road AGAINST TRAFFIC SO THEY CAN SEE WHAT IS COMING TOWARDS THEM when on their bicycles. I told them that if a cop stops them, have the cop talk to their mom :) I don't care, I'll gladly tell the cops the bicycle laws are stupid!

*And when we became parents, I made my Hubby get rid of his motorcycle* Even though I let him get his "dream vehicle", a Jeep, in return, 22 years later, he is still a little mad about me making him sell his bike! Oh, I am bad....aren't I? But Hubby is still here to watch his babies grow up!!

Liz

well people that drive fast aren't necessarily the ones that bother me (when I'm late for work, I'm one of them) but it is the people that drive recklessly or the people that aren't paying attention are the ones that do. Ever since my wreck and 2 near disastrous wrecks (came out both me and the Civic unscathed), I have been so cautious and nervous when other people pull into roads that I'm on. I had a T100 pull cross the road right as I was coming up, they were on a cell phone. I swerved around them barely missing them. Another time was when a Saturn pulled out in front of me on a 4 lane highway while I was doin 65. Somehow they didn't see me. I had to go around them on the shoulder cause of cars in the left lane but the tail end of my car slipped (locked brakes, first instinct was to brake but I realized it wasn't going to slow me enough) and I ended fishtailing into the median barely missing this guy. At that entrance on that highway, I'm so paranoid now. I always check what cars are there and slow down to prevent this issue and then get back up to speed when i clear it.

I get so paranoid now in a lot of situations and it scares me. BUT I admit that on an open multi-lane road with little to no people around I will cut loose for a short burst for fun then slow down but I have quit doing that as much since those scares. If that car gets wrecked I want it to be rear-ended by an SUV at a stop light or something. I don't want the motor gettin messed up :rolleyes: . I want to drop it into a nicer chassis but I would never be able to afford another chassis to put it into unless someone totaled my car and it's there fault (and they hit were were the engine doesn't get damaged).

Most motorcyclists out here are pretty good but you do get the occasional crotch rocket that likes to show off.

Around here we call them "donor-cycles" And if I see/hear of them wrecking I have a hard time not thinking "We told you so" All in all, I think most of them are very good cautious drivers. The big problem is no one sees/looks for them and that makes them vunerable. And DAMN the cell phones in cars. I wonder how long it's gonna take for the insurance lobby to force Washington to ban them in cars.

well people that drive fast aren't necessarily the ones that bother me (when I'm late for work, I'm one of them) but it is the people that drive recklessly or the people that aren't paying attention are the ones that do. Ever since my wreck and 2 near disastrous wrecks (came out both me and the Civic unscathed), I have been so cautious and nervous when other people pull into roads that I'm on. I had a T100 pull cross the road right as I was coming up, they were on a cell phone. I swerved around them barely missing them. Another time was when a Saturn pulled out in front of me on a 4 lane highway while I was doin 65. Somehow they didn't see me. I had to go around them on the shoulder cause of cars in the left lane but the tail end of my car slipped (locked brakes, first instinct was to brake but I realized it wasn't going to slow me enough) and I ended fishtailing into the median barely missing this guy. At that entrance on that highway, I'm so paranoid now. I always check what cars are there and slow down to prevent this issue and then get back up to speed when i clear it.

I get so paranoid now in a lot of situations and it scares me. BUT I admit that on an open multi-lane road with little to no people around I will cut loose for a short burst for fun then slow down but I have quit doing that as much since those scares. If that car gets wrecked I want it to be rear-ended by an SUV at a stop light or something. I don't want the motor gettin messed up :rolleyes: . I want to drop it into a nicer chassis but I would never be able to afford another chassis to put it into unless someone totaled my car and it's there fault (and they hit were were the engine doesn't get damaged).

Most motorcyclists out here are pretty good but you do get the occasional crotch rocket that likes to show off.

Rush hour here is like any other major city. Literally bumper to bumper at 65/70 mph. You name it I've seen them do it. Shaving, combing hair, putting on make- up, eating a bowl of cereal, etc. The scariest one was this big old Cadillac going 70 mph, not 3 feet from the car in front of him. He had a newspaper opened up, resting on the dash, over the steering wheel, Reading the darn thing

Mark

Edited by garmanma

I have to admit I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger.

Did I think I knew what I was doing? Yup. Did I think I might hurt myself or someone else? Nope. It was only after a lot of experience that I learned I was not immune from, nor in control of, the laws of Nature.

When I see someone doing something stupid at a distance I pray they survive long enough to get some sense and don't hurt anyone in the meantime.

When someone does something stupid and they nearly involve me, after my adrenaline fades I let it go (unless it's apparent they are intoxicated in which case I call the police and report them).

When someone does something stupid and I am directly involved, after the shock wears off I thank God everyone's safe (so far at least) ... and let it go.

I learned from experience to drive safely, and that I cannot be the Driving and Life Instructor to the World. Nothing I do or say or do will change a cretin into a safe, experienced driver, so I get over it ASAP and get on with my life. And pray s'more.

i have a feeling those guys were stoned or drunk

thw coener is notorious for fsat car or bike accidents

there is a notice right on the corner

but if they are going to fast it is to fast to see it

today i understand the guy is in hospital

a bit bruised but not critical

that is different to what i was thinking at the time

it scared that stuff you sit down to do

marty

In a way you're lucky you didn't witness something much worse. There are a lot of pictures on the Internet of accident victims, and some of the worst are from motorcycle accidents. (I have finally gotten it through my friend's and family's heads that I do not wish to have such pictures forwarded my way -- I've seen more than enough thankyouverymuch.)

Well, you know what. A guy I knew through a TennSpeed.net forums was recently killed in a street race. He was doing over 100MPH on a busy road during the day and lost control of his Supercharged Tiburon GT V6 and went into oncoming traffic and was T-boned by a Cadillac. He was 17.

I am seriously considering selling my Civic and getting something slower, YES, slower. And more than likely stock. That way I won't be tempted to drive fast. Plus I'm kinda sick of my current car fallin apart and needin so much. I'm lookin for a vehicle that's in better shape and has all the power options (and hopefully ABS) and working horn and airbags. My current car's airbags are missing and the horn doesn't work. It's all about safety (and comfort). My current car isn't very safe with so many things needing repairs and it's motor giving me a lead foot.

I know the feeling Honda Boy. I got a Kawasaki ZRX1200 R a few years ago thinking it would be a little more docile then my Ninja. Well I was wrong this thing is still a screamer, at any time a quick twist of the throttle can catapult you to 120+ mph in just a few seconds. The rush is awesome but the reality is scary as he!!.

Yeah, you'd never catch me on one of them things. I'd be to scared. Driving a tin can on wheels ain't much better but at least there are 4 wheels and no chance of me falling out of the car. I almost traded my car for 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT but the guy respected me enough to tell me every last thing that was wrong with the car, and the 2 primary features I wanted were broke.

On the search again for a safer car. It'll probably be an Accord EX unless I find a good condition 3000GT. I'm kinda jonesin for a 3000GT now after looking up the standard features list for one. I can actually afford one (if I sell my hatchback) so they may be an option. Sure it's a 220HP V6 sports car but it's bigger and heavier and I'm lookin for a stock one so I won't be so lead footed. I think the size and weight would make it slightly safer but it's still a car and pretty much any car can be dangerous to be in. Still more than likely it'll be an Accord EX.

I have been driving so carefully recently. I don't want my car to end up as a twisted,mangled pile of scrap with me in it like the guy with the Tiburon. So I'm not jack rabbit starting (which is very hard with a Stage 1 racing clutch and a 7lb Flywheel, it tends to die when startin easy) and I'm keepin my eyes peeled for every little thing.

while were on the subject of accidents

isnt this what happened to drew from drews world

it wasent his fault

and look were he is today

the sooner we go for public transport in the

citys and outer transport lanes the better

as you know

the roads are filled with traffic

all day long and you only have to lose concentration

for a split second and your most likely dead

poor drew

not his fault but he got the s-----y end of the stick

marty

I know the feeling Honda Boy. I got a Kawasaki ZRX1200 R a few years ago thinking it would be a little more docile then my Ninja. Well I was wrong this thing is still a screamer, at any time a quick twist of the throttle can catapult you to 120+ mph in just a few seconds. The rush is awesome but the reality is scary as he!!.

ZRX1200 docile?! hehehe

I thought that of my old KZ900 until it dumped me downshifting and cracking the throttle at 60 on the highway to pass a slowpoke. I remember that road rash well. :D

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Marty, I live in the same town as Drew. We have little or no public transportation and mosty rual roads 10 minutes out of downtown. Every week there is someone blowing a stop sign doing 50+mph at some crossroad. So many wreaks are very serious.

A year ago, Suzanne Marie Dennis avoided prison for the death of her 3-year-old daughter in an alcohol-fueled car crash. The judge instead sentenced her to probation.

But the 29-year-old Mattawan mother of two continued to drink and smoke marijuana while on probation. Monday, she was ordered to spend 50 months to 15 years in prison.

Then there are judges like this one.... This woman could have taken out a family along with her child. She was double the legal limit at the time.