I've never owed the government taxes and have always gotten at least something back from both fed and state but going from filing zero on my W-4 and claiming myself at the end of the year to being able to claim my son...all I can say is cha' ching....I won't say how much but my little 27lbs deduction gets me quite a bit extra in my refund.....Not like I needed one more reason to love him but Daddy likes a fat check.

How it's spent....get a little ahead on some bills....buy another TV and DVD player...maybe another HDD or 2....Share some with my son's mom to spoil him....and lastly, live above my means 'til it runs out...lol

I won't say how much but my little 27lbs deduction gets me quite a bit extra in my refund.....Not like I needed one more reason to love him but Daddy likes a fat check.

I know what you mean, i have three kids so i get a huge amount back from the government, it is not a deduction, but just a plain giveaway. Both my wife and I work full time, but we are both in careers that don't make immediate money. We maybe made $20,000 together last year.

Edited by shanenin

Now I really wish I got back more than $245 cause I'm wantin a home Theater setup for my room. I'm supposed to be gettin a "new" 27" f;at tube TV form my manager for $150 but I realized that my current speaker setup blows though it is still kinda cool having Car speakers in it but it has no power (only about 30W) and no remote. I'll go ahead and buy the TV but I'll wait a coupla weeks and buy me a home theater in a box setup from Wally World or Amazon. Gotta have something better to watch my $350 worth of new DVD's (which I pretty deep into to. Total of 24 discs from 4 different series and I have finished 10 if them)

• 2 weeks later...
Shoot, even at what I consider to be a "meager" income, I get back less than a dollar in services for every dollar I pay. Boy! I wish I was poor! ... No, wait ... :unsure:

Agreed. It seems we work harder every year and get less money showing up in our pocket. Now, I just need to win the lottery, lol. :D

If I get a refund, I'm allowed to sign the check. That's about as much as my wife will let me do. I might make a suggestion (plea) but that's usually as far as it gets :(

Mark

Edited by garmanma
... I'm allowed to sign the check. ...

:lol:

I'm sure you get your share out of the arrangement. ;)

Yeah, but after 30 some years the value has depreciated a little. (I'd better duck now) :ph34r:

Mark