Watch Nbc's Today Show This Morning

Are you part of the area that's supposed to get 100"?

12 miles southwest. They had about 84 inches last report. The main body of the storm is now moving southward and I am at the edge of it. They called for another 2 foot here but have now stated up to 1 foot for my area. If the storm doesn't ease up for a couple of days I will need to borrow a backhoe to make room to pile up any additional snow fall.

We lucked out and as the storm passed it only dumped an additional 4" here. It took me another 2 hours to shovel my place out. The winds are so high that the drifts are the biggest problem. They weren't so lucky northeast of us. They are just shy of the 100" mark as of now. Many people have to dig down 2 feet to find their cars. They declared our county under a State of Emergency. The storm is supposed to reform and dump on us again tonight.

The only good part of it is we are used to this weather and our town/city/county plow operators are quite capable of cleaning up. Spring should be here by June. :rolleyes:

As of 4:30 PM (4 day total)

Parish, NY 7'4"

Mexico, NY 6'2"

Oswego, NY 5'11"

They haven't broadcast what I have here. Another 1' to 2' is expected tonight.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

my god TT

dont take any unnecseray risks

and take of your self

were i come from we dont get snow

that thick but it has a very cold wind

from the south pole

jeez i hope the people are safe

take care

marty

I think our official city weather person was wasted when he called in the measurements for the snow we received. He called the TV station and said we got 29" in 5 days. I had that much to shovel the first day. We need to stop allowing him to take his turn as the town drunk.

They reported on the Today Show (from my city) that one of the towns just north of us received 10 feet so far. It is also said the worse is yet to come this weekend. It looks like I will be spending the weekend shoveling my front roof off. Our new governor visited the Syracuse area during a minor squall there and offered state assistance. NY's homeland security is in charge of the assistance. We'll probably see that by the summer of 2010. One bright side to all the rain we had previous this year plus all of the snow is we won't worry about any drought conditions. :thumbsup:

It must not be a heavy, wet snow since you still have power and internet connectivity. Hope that continues to be the case. Stay safe!

Even though it is picking up lots of moisture from the lake it is light and fluffy. The cold temperatures make it the kind of snow you can cut into blocks for building igloos. If the temperatures warm up then we will be in trouble as the snow turns wet and heavy. We already have reports of building collapses and some areas have experienced power outages.

Some pictures from around the area

snowblowing.jpg

shoveling.jpg

roof.jpg

cleaningup.jpg

itscold.jpg

Just noticed your post. I did see the news broadcast, seen a reporter standing in front of a snow bank saying blah blah blah. I was thinking of your earlier weather update. I though "I know someone who would welcome this camera jockey, and show him what he needs to see...TT75."

M

Just noticed your post. I did see the news broadcast, seen a reporter standing in front of a snow bank saying blah blah blah. I was thinking of your earlier weather update. I though "I know someone who would welcome this camera jockey, and show him what he needs to see...TT75."

M

I laughed at one reporter as he tried to scale a 13 foot snowbank to measure it. Those downstaters aren't use to seeing this much )@#^ snow.

The sun is shining and the winds are somewhat calm. The snow predicted last night didn't hit here, but further north toward Watertown. They say 7-11 inches tonight though. Other counties have sent in large truck mounted snowblowers and crews to help remove the snow in the hardest hit areas. As usual we are coping while digging out. If I didn't need to see my brother off at the airport I would be shoveling my roof off. It's the first time I have seen him in 3 years since he left for California to work. He picked one heck of a time to visit. I think I will load his bags with some of this snow to take back.

Two nice mornings in a row with the sun shining and a trace of new snow. The storm missed us last night to the eats and moved south then wandered back up north to Watertown. Redfield, where I spent many winters hunting and snowmobiling at my uncle's camp, received 136 inches of snow this past week.