Vista Upgrade Or Full Question

you can do a clean install with either one. The main difference between upgrade and full is licensing, technically you can't move your upgrade version from computer to computer like you can the full version, that is the same with an oem version. In practice you should have no problem moving either an upgrade or oem, you just need to tell microsoft that you replaced the motherboard because it was defective. If you tell them it is to upgrade they may not allow it. By the way newegg is selling vista premium for just $125, that includes tax and shipping.

edit added later//

I am basing this on the way microsoft handles windows xp, i am assuming(I may be wrong) vista is similar.

Edited by shanenin

I'll post this here as well:

You're probably better off buying the OEM version of Vista Ultimate for $200 at Newegg.

1. You can reinstall it as many times on the same machine as you want.

2. It doesn't require a previous OS to be installed.

3. It won't make your XP key invalid like the upgrade versions do. More info here

That's what I did (after consulting with Pierce and therock247uk), of course you don't get support but that's why you have us. ;)

B