OK I went and did a Restore to 2 days ago. Now that file and another one that Windows Update said failed are now installed. The strangest thing is, they say they were installed 2/15/2005. Not 2006 or 2007 but 2005. I still have one that didn't install and can't find it on Microsoft to do a install from. It doesn't matter as it is for OutLook Express which I never use anyway.

The one thing I did yesterday was use (from a recommendation from one of the other users here) Regseeker. I guess it messed something up in the registry. I learned my lesson on Registry cleaners.

The one that didn't install and you can not find may have beed superseded by a newer update.

I thought that might be the case and since I don't use OutLook I just didn't care much anyway. As for those Reg Cleaners, I will now stay away from them and just do reinstalls once every 6 moths.

Is there a way to copy all the Updates and store them on a CD or another HD for later installs?

SP3 is supposed to be released in a few months after Vista. I would wait then slipstream it. You could also use the free version of Acronis True Image 7.0 to create a backup image of your installation. More info on the Acronis free download.

So I would use the Acronis right after the reinstall? I didn't know Service Pack 3 was in the works. I can wait for that. As it is now, I have over 60 updates I would need to redo. Vista has been released from what I read. Or maybe it was this next week it is going to be.