Email I Am Sending Out

Below is an email I am sending out because i RECEIVED A FROWARD WITH 100+ addresses on it. I plan to hold it until you fine folks have a chance to review it and make suggestions. I will send it out to all the email addresses I "harvested", I will be nice enough to Bcc them.

Got to from a wiki the edited it a bit.

Have at folks...

M

I received your email address in a forwarded email. This email has well over 100 addresses in it.There are many bad things that can happen when someone has your email address. I could sell these email addresses to a spammer. Another thing would be to sign up for undesirable sites, guess who gets the spam for the penis enlargements, that is right...YOU.

Below are a couple links on email scams and also a cut and paste how-to. Another thing to learn is Bcc. Bcc is blind carbon copy. No one will see the email addresses of everyone you email to. Think this way....If an email is not worth the time to cut and paste into a new email then it is not worth your time to read it. You probably didn't read the email I received. I hope you can learn from this email. Please feel free to cut and paste the information below into a new email the Bcc it to those who forward you the junk.

Check out the sites below:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/identitythef...age-library.htm

Cut and paste

Cut and paste are very frequently performed operations. It is customary to provide several methods for performing them, such as a key combination, a pull down menu, and a toolbar <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolbar> button.

1. The text to be moved is selected by some method, typically by

dragging over the text with the pointing device or holding down

the Shift key while using the arrow keys to move the text cursor.

2. A /cut/ operation is performed by key combination, menu, or other

means.

3. The visible effect of the cut is to remove the text immediately

from its location.

4. Conceptually, the text has been moved to a location often called

the clipboard. The clipboard is typically invisible. On most systems there is only

one location in the clipboard, hence another cut operation

overwrites the previously stored information.

5. A location for insertion is selected by some method, typically by

clicking at the desired insertion point.

6. A /paste/ operation is performed which visibly inserts the

clipboard text at the insertion point.

7. The paste operation is nondestructive; the text remains in the

clipboard and additional copies can be inserted at other points.

Whereas cut and paste is usually done with a mouse on Windows-like environment.

When /cut/ and /paste/ are provided, a nondestructive operation called /copy/ is usually provided as well; /copy / places a copy of the selected text in the clipboard without removing it from its original location.

The clipboard is usually not displayed, because the operations of cutting and pasting, while actually independent, are usually performed in quick succession, and the user (usually) needs no assistance in understanding the operation or maintaining mental context.

Copy and paste

*Copy-and-paste* refers to the popular, simple method of reproducing text or other data from a source to a destination, which is different from *cut and paste* in that the original source text or data is not deleted or removed as it is with the latter process.

*Copying* can be performed on most graphical user interface systems using the key combinations Ctrl +C or Ctrl+Insert (the latter being more widely supported), or by using some other method, such as a context menu or a toolbar button. Once data have been copied into the area of memory referred to as the clipboard, they can be *pasted * into a destination using the key combinations Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert, or methods dependent on the system. Macintosh computers use the key combinations Command +C and Command+V. In the X Window System, selecting text copies it to a clipboard, while middle-clicking pastes.

I used to have a message rule setup that automatically replied to Fwd: emails. Fwd: emails are usually the ones that contain multiple addys.

The gist of the reply message;

I do not accept Fwd: emails, especially ones with multiple addresses. I treat these as viruses and have set rules to delete them from the server. The sender also receives this reply. If you cannot or will not use common courtesy when sending an email you deem important enough for me to read individually or using Bcc: I shall have no choice but to block you. If you persist by using a different email address to send from I will report you to your ISP as being a spammer.

I have lost friends and alienated relatives with this method, but my inbox has been clean from this type of junk for some time now. Now if I can only solve the image spam emails.

Hopefully the smart people doing that don't take umbrage, or ignore your information, mikex. Some folk don't like being told how to do stuff if it involves anything more complicated than clicking those "Forward" or "Reply to all" buttons.

It's like folks that pass on glurge and urban legend stuff without checking things out.

A.) I did not read it all, and neither will your recipients.

B.) People who forward this stuff will NOT pay attention nor "learn" anything. They already know this stuff, they just don't care enough to make the necessary changes in their habits.

C.) Either set up filters to eliminate forwards or delete them unread. Such e-mails are a fact of life and you can't change that, just like there are poor drivers out there -- you cannot change them no matter what you say or do, so ignore them.