Every time I install something it gets put to the beginning if the system variables path. Then all dos commands need to be typed with the path typed in, ie c:\windows\system32\xxxxx.

What gives? I use telnet,ping, and ipconfig alot while working.

Any ideas?

M

Since you first posted about this in that other thread, something is not making sense. Even if c:\windows\system32 is not first, the commands should still work. In theory windows will look for the command in all of the paths that are separated by semicolons. My hunch is the path variable is incorrectly being written so it is not being used at all. What does your current path look like, after sytem32 commands quit working for you?

Here is my "Path"

C:\Program Files\Motorola\Canopy\NetworkUpdater\_jvm\bin

I installed this Network Updated and everything went to the crapper.

Two fold question, Why did it happen, How do I fix it?

This just started recently, since we first discussed it.

M

so that is your complete path variable?

if that is the case, it is odd. Normally when a program adds its self to the variable it just appends it like this(I think):

C:\Windows\System32\;C:\Windows\;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Motorola\Canopy\NetworkUpdater\_jvm\bin

you could just use this line above. It would work as a fix. I wonder if the Motorola installer is just obliterating your path instead of appending it, or if the problem lies within windows.

Edited by shanenin