Microsoft Activation Is Slow

I have been trying to activate XP on two separate occasions tonight. Since it is an dell oem activation, I need to talk to a live person. I tried the first time and was on hold for 15 minutes before accidentally hanging up. I tried about 30 minutes later, I have been on hold for about 20 minutes. Until tonight I have never been on hold for more then a few seconds. Something must be down or broken.

I have been trying to activate XP on two separate occasions tonight. Since it is an dell oem activation, I need to talk to a live person. I tried the first time and was on hold for 15 minutes before accidentally hanging up. I tried about 30 minutes later, I have been on hold for about 20 minutes. Until tonight I have never been on hold for more then a few seconds. Something must be down or broken.

20 minutes near Christmas is really a short time. I have WildBlue Satellite service and spent over 1 hour waiting for help 2 times in the last month. Dish network is about 30 minutes every time I called them. Hp on the other hand is simple. I just do an on-line chat with a tech person. Almost instantaneous.

Everyone was glued to the news awaiting Saddam's hanging which was supposed to occur by 10 PM EST. I imagine this was of more importance to India's tech support personnel than Windows.

Your probably correct. I was calling within the hour of the hanging time. Whe the guy finally answered the phone he was really flustered.

Edited by shanenin