Sims 2 Expansions Problem

K so my sister had Sims 2 and the expansion Open for Business on her laptop, they have always worked fine

today for xmas she got the expansions nightlife and university,

when i installed university it all when fine, then when i tried startin the game i showed the title( like it does before it goes full screen) and then it like locks up and wont start at all like i never even clicked it to start

now with nightlife i installed it fine, but when i tried to start it up it said this error

"runnin the wrong version of the sims 2, please run sims 2 open for business instead"

How do i fix this , help appreciated alot, dont want my sister to have a bad xmas day

Just run it from the open for business disk...the expansion should still be operational...just installed open for business on my daughters machine and it ask for the "pets" expansion disk(the last expansion disk installed and run)...runs fine from there(with open for business)...it's something to do with how the games are saved i think..

wayne

have you downloaded and installed the update patch from the website..??

also it seems you might have got a bad install from the university pack..might be a good idea to uninstall and re-install it all as suggested by garmanma

hope you backed up her games...??

wayne

I thought my daughter's was a graphics card or driver problem. It would distort after a certain period of time and crash. She deleted a house(whatever that is) and the problem went away. I figured maybe a corupt file. So she went ahead and reinstalled the whole game.

Mark