The last two computers I reloaded, I decided to install IE7. I ended up removing it from both and reverting back to IE6. It seems that javascript was broken. For example if I clicked on the red "download" button on this page it would not do anything. I did see an error message on the bottom left corner of IE7. Using IE7 on my vista box works just fine with this webpage. If you guys are running xp with IE7, I am kind of curious to see if you also are having problems with this page

The last two computers I reloaded, I decided to install IE7. I ended up removing it from both and reverting back to IE6. It seems that javascript was broken. For example if I clicked on the red "download" button on this page it would not do anything. I did see an error message on the bottom left corner of IE7. Using IE7 on my vista box works just fine with this webpage. If you guys are running xp with IE7, I am kind of curious to see if you also are having problems with this page

I had problems on my home XP box running IE7, but, not my work computer running IE7 which I thought was odd. I could connect to java web pages at work but not at home. So I knew that some settings at home were messed up with IE7 and not windows. Interestingly at home I could connect to java websites with a different browser (Sea monkey).

I messed around with all of my settings to no avail (tried disabling my pop-up blocker in IE7, messed with phishing filter too) until I found that I couldn't even run windows update on my home box.

I went into security settings in IE7 and found that it was cranked up to the highest setting. Lowering it a notch allowed me to connect to windows update and java websites in IE7. I think when you upgrade to IE7 it may sometimes adjust your security settings.

I'm holding out on installing IE7 as long as I can, but Barb posted something that maybe might help here? To be honest, I haven't looked at it, but comments say there are a lot of good tips!

Liz

Edited by blim

Been running ie7 since 10/29 without any problems.

Got both site that you post above.

I got an automactic update for Java 5.0 on 11/25.

Did you get it?

both of those computers are gone. Next job I get I will try that.

Okay. :D

I have a company website that I need to connect to at home that is a java site. It drove me crazy that I was locked out for a week or two after my upgrade to IE7. I tried everything. I hope that works for you:-)