Ford Loses 15m Suit

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8LHKBBG0.htm

Alright, this irritates me. The kid was driving like a moron, wrecks, dies, and Ford gets blamed? How the hell does an auto manufacure get blamed?!?!?! That's like suing Ford because you rearended someone when your brakes did stop the vehciles in time.

Besides, what does $15m have to do with your son dying?

I can't believe this jury. They must have fell for the emotional appeal, not the case.

Edited by Bubba Bob

You get a couple people who remember their old '72 pickup that they spent alot of money for and the bed falls off from rot after 2 years, they tend to be irrational. Not to say that they're right. I agree stupid people should'nt be rewarded for stupid things

Mark

Oh yeah, I almost forgot blazing Pintos, and I'm a Ford truck fan

the frickin car is 11 years old. plus he was being a jackass. I feel sorry for ford.

Man if someone did that in a Honda Civic no one would do anything cause it isn't an almighty SUV that can survive anything. I feel sorry for the kid but if he wasn't such a dipsh!t he'd still be alive. No matter what the hell he was driving, he coulda been killed. SUV's aren't invincible. I've seen a Civic T-bone a Trailblazer. The Civic was fixable, the Trailblazer got annihilated.

As much as I hope I never have to go through the heartbreak of losing a child, those parents are just plain greedy. He passed a car in a no-pass zone, on a curve, going 67 in a 30mph zone, it's just crazy that the parents even thought to sue! And since no amount of money can ever replace a child, why demand so much? Yup, just plain greed.

I sure hope Ford wins their appeal, but sure don't like hearing about this--you KNOW who is going to pay for the high priced lawyers, it will appear in higher car prices.

Liz

This sort of idiotic award is the reason why there are more lawyers in Washington DC than in the whole of Japan, this country is suit happy. Nobody wants to take responsibility or accept that their loved one was at fault in this kind of situation. It's just like the woman who sued McDonalds over the hot coffee and many other cases since. It burns me up that people get rewarded for their own stupidity. I hope Ford wins the appeal

what the hell's Ford gonna do anyway. They can't recall an 11 year old design. Good lord. Even if it were brand freakin new one I still think nothing should have been awarded cause the kid was being an idiot and It got him killed.

I drive like an idiot from time to time like anyone but I do it in safer conditions with no one around and the most I ever do is hit 95MPH after getting off an on-ramp (doing 30 or less on the ramp of course, I enjoy life too much to slam into a wall) on a multi lane road with a 70 MPH speed limit on a straight away, never where there are curves (I've only done this once, I usually quit at 80MPH). My brother drove my car once and I rode along. We found a place to start. We looked around "any one around?" "No." "Then let's roll". We took off from a dead stop and hit 95MPH and immediately slowed to 70. We never stay at high speeds. once we hit a mental limit we slow to the speed limit. It's an acceleration thing not a "thrill of constantly driving fast" thing. We love the acceleration.

Anywho, this guy was doing too many things wrong all at once that just equals a deadly combination no matter what you drive.

was traveling at about 67 mph through the curve, according to Eagan's Nov. 14 order.

The judge wrote that the posted speed limit on the road was 50 mph but that as vehicles entered the curve, another sign advised drivers of the curve and stated "30 mph."

I guess that says it all.. No one is supposed to die if they break the law and drive stupidly.

In Michigan we have a "who shares the responsibility" law. The judge then determines the percentage of fault on both sides. In this case my vote would be Stupid Kid=99% Ford=1%. Give the folks A few bucks for their loss.

I am starting a class action suit against multiple alcoholic beverage producers for all the dumba$$ crap they MADE me do. Anyone else want in?

Please feel free to caontact my lawyer at 1-you-dum-isue.

M

LOL, I want in, Mike! :lol: