I reformatted my drive the other day and reinstalled everything. I had AVG on my back up drive and tried to install it. It told me that the copy was out dated and I needed to download the new version. I went to Grisoft and tried to download 7.5 and it gave me errors(CRC) while uncompacting the Dat files. SO I tried deleting the saved file and tried to just run the file from Grisoft. It did the same thing CRC errors. Anyone here have the same problem? I was going to try to uninstall the program from ADD remove Programs and it gives me an error that it was not installed correctly. Now it is in the Add Remove programs and I can't get it out of there. I then tried to delete the Program files from the C:\Program Files\Grisoft and it won't let me delete them. It told me Access denied Make sure the disk isn't full or write protected and that the file is not in use.

Try removing it in Safe Mode.

I finally got it removed. Had to go to MSconfig and remove the entries for it in Services. Then it deleted and was able to remove it from ADD Remove Programs . Now I am trying to install it again and I think Grisoft just doesn't want to give it away for free anymore. I tried Downloading it and the program stopped and said the server was reset so the download would not finish. Then I tried to Run it from their site and it did the same thing. Server reset.

Update, I got it to install from their site finally. I guess removing it from the Msconfig did it.

Edited by lefty1953

the problem may be yours not grisoft

they have just released

a new version

and it is good

i have just installed it

and now i use avast as well as avg.

you cauld have done it in safe mode

as TheTerrorist_75 suggested

instead of going to msconfig

i have regcleaner

and all i do is go there and delete all