Minimizing Applications - Where Do They Go?

Hello BT,

I installed Fedora Core 5 over the weekend (as a dual boot to my windows XP machine). This is my first time exploring the world on Linux. Things are going well so far, except for one small thing. I can't figure out where my programs go once I hit the minimize button. It shows the window go off the bottom right corner... then nothing.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank You

Hello BT,

I installed Fedora Core 5 over the weekend (as a dual boot to my windows XP machine). This is my first time exploring the world on Linux. Things are going well so far, except for one small thing. I can't figure out where my programs go once I hit the minimize button. It shows the window go off the bottom right corner... then nothing.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank You

In the lower right hand corner for Fedora Core 5 you should have four little mini boxes, these are virtual desktops, if you click on these boxes you will get another desktop that will pop-up where you can run applications. So you can run multiple applications over four desktops.

When you minimized your program it may be there in the little box. If you click on the box that may bring back the application. You can also type Alt+F4 which can exit running applications.

Edit: added later:-) Sometimes an application can also be mimimized onto your bottom or top task bar. Try clicking on the bar, that may bring back the application.

Gotcha, thanks Hitest :thumbsup:

No problem, you're very welcome. :D

Yes, the Red Hat Bible is excellent, I own an older version of that book for Red Hat 9. Fedora, Red Hat are basically the same distro so all of the commands will be virtually the same. That is a good buy. :thumbsup: