Planes Landing At Princess Juliana Airport, St. Maarten

A lot of people say "photoshopped!" But it's not. It's just the result of an International airport on a tiny island. Hong Kong used to have an airport close to downtown HK and some of the photos from that make it look like jumbo jets are flying right through downtown (airliners there had to go as straight up as they could after takeoff, THEN had to make a SHARP turn to avoid a mountain!).

These and more, and photos from the old HK airport, are at Airliners.net. There's a search function there and you can narrow down the photos to just the ones from this airport. I have also seen a Wikipedia entry on the Princess Juliana airport (or was it on St Maarten?) so if you want to search there you'll find out -- No photoshop necessary!

hi JD

i quite believe they fly that low

here in the city i live

when a norwest wind is blowing

they fly so low

so they can approach the runway at a safe height

as a matter they are so low you can kiss the

girls who work on the plane

litirally that is

marty

Whoa! I grew up near O'Hare and if I ever saw a plane fly that low, I'd probably be grabbing the nearest child and hitting the ground! :D Beautiful photos, thanks, Jdoors

Now off to look at that site :thumbsup:

Liz

I used to live near McChord AFB near Tacoma Washington, and the planes sure flew low there.

In fact there were signs on the nearby I5 freeway that said "Watch for low flying aircraft". Never did know what anyone was to do that drove that road when they saw the planes though!?! Ha! Ha!

Everyone near the AFB were used to adjusting all pictures and stuff on walls everytime a sonic boom happened. Just a normal activity... straighten every picture over and over again and again.. part of daily housework.

Pat

God bless everyone

Whoa! I grew up near O'Hare and if I ever saw a plane fly that low, I'd probably be grabbing the nearest child and hitting the ground! :D Beautiful photos, thanks, Jdoors

Now off to look at that site :thumbsup:

Liz

You reminded me of a friend who had a phobia about airplanes flying directly overhead. One time we're driving past O'Hare (with the car's top down) and I managed to time my speed PERFECTLY: "Hey Lisa, look up." :lol::lol::lol:

Man! You could count the bolts holding the wheels on that thing. I can be SO freakin' mean sometimes!