Death By Woodchiper?

http://jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&dat...06&id=10039

Man killed in wood chipper accident

A 30-year-old man was killed this afternoon when he was sucked into a wood chipper while trying to shake loose a piece of wood that had jammed it.

The man owned a tree service company working in the 8900 block of 26th Ave. in Pleasant Prairie, according to a Pleasant Prairie Police Department press release.

The man was using his foot to clear debris that had jammed the wood chipper around 5:20 p.m. when his foot became entangled in the machine, witnesses told police.

His coworkers tried to rescue him from the intake, but he was pulled into and through the wood chipper, according to the release.

The incident remains under investigation by Pleasant Prairie detectives, the Kenosha County Medical Examiner's office and officials from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Police withheld the man's name while they attempted to notify his family.

I've seen this happen oh ... twenty years ago or so. I used to work for a lumber company. The less said about the incident the better. Oh wait, another guy lost his hand. We found him wandering around in shock. I'd say something like, "why would anybody stick their hand in there," but I used to take chances back in those days too.

didn't anyone have the idea to turn the damn thing off. I guess you could say that was natural selection at work. All respects to the guy but lord, who sticks their foot into a running wood chipper? Well, obviously this guy. It's just amazing how dumb some folks can be.

Edited by Honda_Boy