I have PeoplePc's Internet security running on my system. I just had to reinstall everything on this system and now when I get on-line, I have a bunch of sites trying to access my system. I have the choice of blocking or allowing them to access my system. I click on the Apply every time and then block them. Is this something new that hackers are doing? I have every update from Windows Update and run Spy Bot S&D, Ad aware, Spywareblaster, Avg and the Internet security system from People PC. I do get a few Cookies and Some Coolweb Search problems found from these programs. Oh and I also run CWShredder with nothing showing up from it. Any Ideas, or do I just keep blocking these guys? I had 4 of them while typing this message.

Edited by lefty1953
I have PeoplePc's Internet security running on my system. I just had to reinstall everything on this system and now when I get on-line, I have a bunch of sites trying to access my system. I have the choice of blocking or allowing them to access my system. I click on the Apply every time and then block them. Is this something new that hackers are doing? I have every update from Windows Update and run Spy Bot S&D, Ad aware, Spywareblaster, Avg and the Internet security system from People PC. I do get a few Cookies and Some Coolweb Search problems found from these programs. Oh and I also run CWShredder with nothing showing up from it. Any Ideas, or do I just keep blocking these guys? I had 4 of them while typing this message.

It is called network noise nothing new a decent firewall would learn what to allow or not to.

There should be an option to not bother you with this. ZoneAlarm can do this (since sygate is no more it is my top choice) Kerio is good also (maybe should be my first choice.

C.O.M.O.D.O. is new to me but it is free and worth some test for me soon.

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

I do not trust any software given by a ISP. So I would not trust PeoplePC's stuff but I maybe wrong

Preston

As rhema7 was saying most of what your seeing is just noise and should be of no concern. What your People Pc software is doing is just reporting more of this crap doesn't mean any other software wouldn't see it just other software doesn't report it to you.

As for FTP sites trying to contact your computer are you sure it isn't software just looking for regular updates?

As rhema7 was saying most of what your seeing is just noise and should be of no concern. What your People Pc software is doing is just reporting more of this crap doesn't mean any other software wouldn't see it just other software doesn't report it to you.

As for FTP sites trying to contact your computer are you sure it isn't software just looking for regular updates?

Could be the software updates, not sure. here is an example of what I see.

4.227.136.207 is attempting to access your Computer on port 445.

This connection will be blocked in 50 secounds.

Apply Every time

Block Allow

And the Apply every time is a box I can check. And then Either Block or Allow is the choice.