Dot3 Or Dot 4 Fluid Needed?

Oh yeah, NAPA is wonderful! Before they sell you anything, they double check their "big book" to make sure you're buying the correct part (but I never just pick out the part, I always go right to the service counter and tell them what I need!). AND if you're a female, they usually install what you're buying, if it's a battery or windshield wiper, or gas cap...there are advantages to being a girl sometimes! Send your Mom :D

Liz

Edited by blim

NAPA supports ASE certification and they usually only hire those that know what they're doing. They'd hire someone like me though to be a delivery driver though. My brother works at the NAPA here and he is an ASE certified parts expert. He knows what he is doing. He's also the youngest there at 24. You go to places like Advance Auto and *shiver* Auto Zone will hire nearly anyone. I asked for a breather at Advance one time and the girl "helping me" was on the computer trying to look up my car and some guy comes up (manager would be my guess) and tells this doofus that it is a Universal part and directs me to it. Luckily at NAPA they are right behind the counter and everyone there knows this crap.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Turns most vehicles use dot 3. The front brake pads went on uneventful(thats good). I assumbed I lost pressure do to not adding fluid to my master clylinder. Then as my front pads wore down, the fluid level would drop. None the less, my front pads needed to be changed, but that was not the cause of my sudden loss of presure. After leaving my master cylinder open, and compressing my front piston(to change my front pads) my rear cylinder gushed. I don't like to mess with back brakes, they are kind of a pain in the ass. So I brought it to my trusted mechanic. I hate paying the bill, but it is a needed service.

Edited by shanenin