hi guys,

its me after a long long time with a very peculiar problem?????

i've been using a samsung SATA 80GB HDD with winXP SP2 but now i've bought a new 250GB segate baracuda HDD which i'm tryin to use with my earlier 80GB one.so the problem is that my computer won't boot with my new HDD connected to it or even when i does it takes a hell lotta time to boot n my winxp get a LOT LOT slower then usual.

my mobo is a intel D915GAV board with 512MB 400MHz RAM n P4 @ 2.8Ghz.

i've tried changing my BIOS settin to legacy IDE/SATA thingy n even connected my 2 HDDs in SATA 0 and SATA 2 order or SATA 1 and SATA 3 order but i still can't get my computer to boot with my new HDD.i've tried connecting my HDD to my freinds PC n it was easily detected n also did my partitions there but i dunno what's wrong my computer?????

plzz somebody help me :(

This might be a stretch but it has worked for me before.

Have your original drive set up to boot and have only the power cable to your new drive. As Windows just begins to load (after the successful post) plug in the SATA data cable. This should initialize the drive to work on your PC

I ran into a similar problem when working with a cheapy Biostar board that wouldn't recognize a SATA drive