Worst Of The Worst

Me was the only item on the list that I ever tried. I never really tried it as I couldn't get it to install and run so after about 15 attempts I gave up and got Win 2k which I have run for about 5 years without problems

The Complete List of Losers:

America Online (1989-2006)

RealNetworks RealPlayer (1999)

Syncronys SoftRAM (1995)

Microsoft Windows Millennium (2000)

Sony BMG Music CDs (2005)

Disney The Lion King CD-ROM (1994)

Microsoft Bob (1995)

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (2001)

Pressplay and Musicnet (2002)

dBASE IV (1988)

Priceline Groceries and Gas (2000)

PointCast (1996)

IBM PCjr. (1984)

Gateway 2000 10th Anniversary PC (1995)

Iomega Zip Drive (1998)

Comet Cursor (1997)

Apple Macintosh Portable (1989)

IBM Deskstar 75GXP (2000)

OQO Model 1 (2004)

CueCat (2000)

Eyetop Wearable DVD Player (2004)

Apple Pippin @World (1996)

Free PCs (1999)

DigiScents iSmell (2001)

Sharp RD3D Notebook (2004)

My experiences:

AOL (sucked, but all ISPs sucked at 1200 baud).

Real Player (sucked, mainly 'cause the video quality sucked, partly, as they said, it took over too much).

Windows ME (I only knew two people who had it, one was a novice who kept screwing up her computer, her fault, not ME's, the other worked fine, I used his system several times with no difficulty).

IE 6 (I still disagree with the pundits, it's flawed but is targeted because everyone uses it, not because it's more fatally flawed than other browsers, which, as they get more popular, are targeted more and more often).

IoMega Zip drive (never had a problem with the hardware, but IoMega software crashed a lot at one time).

Comet Cursor (It was fun, but I quickly found out how invasive it was and removed it, but not before I stole all their cursor designs to keep for myself).

CueCat (Had promise, not to call up manufacturer's websites as the article states, but to call up information on ANYTHING with a barcode, sort of an automated Google search, software also had conflicts with my multimedia keyboard).

The runners-up were even more esoteric than the winners so I don't think I used any of them.