I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I was'nt sure where to post. I finally have the time and I would like to convert all my old LP's to CD's. I got the turntable and amplifier, and the y-cable to go to my soundcardI'm at a loss as to what software I need. Can anyone reccomend an easy to use program that does everything I need? It does'nt have to be freeware I'll gladly purchase the right pprogram

Thank you

Mark

I always say jetaudio I have tranfered over a 1000 Jazz and Blues LPs to disc no problems plus you can prename the tracks. I like Audacity but it has never done the job that JetAudio does for me or as easily.

Preston

Oh rhema7, jetaudio was missing some stuff (or at least I couldn't find it) I needed to record the services that's why I used Audacity. Just wanted to let you know.

Oh rhema7, jetaudio was missing some stuff (or at least I couldn't find it) I needed to record the services that's why I used Audacity. Just wanted to let you know.

What is it missing?

there were extremly easy to use editing options along with more professional type stuff such as equilizer that operated exactly like the new tape deck's equalizer does and just other things. Plus just overall easier to use interface for the lesstechnologically inclined people for when I wasn't there. Plus it seemed to have a GUI more geared for higher performing systems than an 800MHz PIII. Audactiy was a lot simpler and less demanding. this old computer had trouble dealing wiht windows media 9. 7 though it handled ok but still not well.

(No matter what you use though that old computer was always gonna take forever to export to .wav)

Edited by Honda_Boy

Thanks for an extra choice, Rema7. I'll probably go with Audacity for now. Like Honda Boy says "It's easier to use for the less technology inclined people", meaning me. Perhaps when I get the hang of it I'll move on to something else. I like the other Sourceforge programs I've tried. Their FAQ's and forums seem to help a lot

Mark