well you guys were right...you keep telling me that WINME is a piece of crap and I didn't believe you...after 5 YEARS of running faithfully, I came home today and the mouse was frozen...I did a reboot and everytime windows loaded it would go right back to reboot, load and then go right back to reboot...a vicious circle. I booted to safe mode tried to run AVG and it rebooted again. finally I turned off the computer and waited for 5 minutes, turned on the computer and windows loaded fine. I ran all my updated scans and it was clean...then I did a scanreg /fix and rebooted again...now it's running perfectly....any therories on this problem????

maybe one of these days I will have to do a clean install.

I pinpointed your problem ...

windows_me_1.jpg

Nah, it sounds like a possible power supply. One thing I've seen do this before was the power or reset switch being loose at the front of the case. Everytime the wires would short it would reset the computer - this won't be an issue unless you've noticed problems with your switch lately