HEy guys and gals how long did it take for you to get the free cd;s off of this site Free Ubuntu CDs

i put my order in...

What kind of linux should i use?? What wouyld you sugest?

You will get your free CDs from Ubuntu. :D But, it takes several weeks for them to show up. The free Ubuntu CDs are a good first choice to install Linux.

on average it takes up to the full 8 weeks to receive the disks from Ubuntu. Although I have a bad tendancy of pre-ordering mine for the new version they release every 6 months. so mine tends to be around 2 or 3 months.

Allright

/me sits and waits

shoot mIRC commands dont work here lol

jk

have you ordered from them hitest? I see that you are form canada too, nice to see some one other than me here lol

Yep, I ordered 5 ubuntu cds, and got them after 4-6 weeks. I gave out a bunch to my friends. I've run Ubuntu off and on for a year or so. Right now I'm running Debian which is virtually the same as Ubuntu.

You will like Ubuntu it is a rock solid version of Linux. :thumbsup:

icic i will do that, how do you know that the disk are the new version it dosent say!!

If you just ordered Ubuntu it will be version 5.10.

correct, They will post in the shippit order area what version you are ordering, if it's a preorder, they have it listed as such.

btw, Hitest, orders for Dapper will be available in June. They have pushed the release date by six weeks.

btw, Hitest, orders for Dapper will be available in June. They have pushed the release date by six weeks.

Yes Dragon, I also read that Dapper will be available in June on osnews.com. :D

Dapper looks to be quite the OS, an enterprise level distro offered for free..........man I love Linux:-) I'll definately give it a test drive when it is released. :D

The penguin rules.