So I worked today Saturday from about 7:30 to 5:30 in the Charlotte Hamfest and Computer Fair - my purpose was assisting my boss in out section of computer and other related items. At 8:00 when they opened the doors to the customers I learned about a new breed of people - those who partake in the rituals of call signs and ham radios. Hats, badges, LED lights with your call sign displayed - Who would have known such things exhisted. I thought it was just a trend at first, older people who work with computers and an affinity for CB's. Anyways, I just thought I'd share my experience.

Also, on the bright side, I only managed to spend $30 the entire day (on a solder station, solder, and a set of hemostats) Tomorrow I'm going to get started on taking one of the desks in my room (a computer desk) into a workstation consisting of a new top surface that won't get burnt, power strip, and a light. Any other recommendations for such a workstation? Thanks, all!

I have a couple of friends that are into Ham Radios. You can get into quit extensive setups. Some look like the inside of a mad scientist laboratory. And the antenna arrays. You wouldn't want to fly a kite around some.

But they are quite interesting setups.

I have a couple of friends that are into Ham Radios. You can get into quit extensive setups. Some look like the inside of a mad scientist laboratory. And the antenna arrays. You wouldn't want to fly a kite around some.

But they are quite interesting setups.

Like I said, whole new world