Ps/2 Keyboard Not Working In New Computer

So, i built a new computer, and i have it all together, checked it a couple times flipped through the motherboard manual, then booted it up. The screen came on, so i held delete down to start BIOS, the instalation started but then my keyboard wouldn't respond. It gets power, (the leds light up when the computer turns on) but it just won't work. I tried swapping keyboards but that didn't work either, all that showed me was that when restart the computer right away my monitor doesn't get a signal. When i turn it on there is one beep then several seconds later another, then there is a whining noise that last for a few seconds then the keyboard stops working

here are my specs:

ASUS P5VD1-X

Aspire X-dreamer case w/ 420w psu

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz socket T

GeForce FX 5200

Seagate 160gb Hard drive

Corsair ValueSelect 1gb VS1GBKIT400

Sony dvd burner not sure the model # it was OEM

a Sound Blaster card (once again not sure the model i ripped from an old hp computer)

and heres a pic of the inside of the case maybe i forgot to plug something in http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/xen...56/100_0340.jpg

I can only think of one of two things that can be causing this issue.

keyboard isn't securily connected,

or maybe the motherboard is bad, this could include the BIOS chip itself.

did the mobo come with a BIOS utility disk? and did you try starting the machine with that disk in place so that the BIOS is updated properly?