Hello everyone! I have this problem, as my internet will be fine all day and for some reason it losses it's connection. My computer is virus free. It's a real pain when browsing the net and the browser hang with no responds. I use firefox mostly, and when this happens I try using IE and still no response. I go into Network propertie and the lan icon say I'm connected. My computer is wired through a linksys wrt54g, but the funny thing is when my desktop looses the internet connection my laptop doesn't. I remember that window had a update for ip/tcp repair, but can't seem to find it on windows update. Does anyone else had this problem and know a way to fix this? Is so fustrating to have to reboot to get the internet working again.

Thanks for your help

Sceeter32 :)

Edited by sceeter32
Hello everyone! I have this problem, as my internet will be fine all day and for some reason it losses it's connection. My computer is virus free. It's a real pain when browsing the net and the browser hang with no responds. I use firefox mostly, and when this happens I try using IE and still no response. I go into Network propertie and the lan icon say I'm connected. My computer is wired through a linksys wrt54g, but the funny thing is when my desktop looses the internet connection my laptop doesn't. I remember that window had a update for ip/tcp repair, but can't seem to find it on windows update. Does anyone else had this problem and know a way to fix this? Is so fustrating to have to reboot to get the internet working again.

Thanks for your help

Check your ethernet drivers - unistall it, and reinstall

Thanks for your help

Check your ethernet drivers - unistall it, and reinstall

I did that a couple of days ago and still does it, sorry I should have mention it in my first post. Any other ideas on what this is cause by? Do you think it's my onboard lan card?

Thanks again

Zazu