Windows Media Player 10 Question

Greetings All,

I have a question on the "add to library" button at the bottom left corner of the player (the one with the big green plus sign) when I click on it," add currently playing item" and "add currently playing play list" are greyed out. I have used it in the past with no problems. Just wondering if a setting is disabled or something. Using media player 10 with xp home. Any help as always is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Does anyone know if the problem I'm having is due to copy right laws. All I want to do is add individual songs from Cd's I already own, or internet radio stations I listen to. I was able to do this before(but not sure if that was before I upgraded to windows media player 10) Can I roll back to windows media player 9? I know I can rip songs onto the computer, but when I rip songs I do not get a chance to make selections. It rips the entire CD. I have googled til I'm blue, checked MS newsgroups just cant seem to find an answer. Any help is greatly appreciated (please excuse my stupidity, Most of my recording experience has been with reel to reel or cassette.) Yes I know I'm old and yes my reel to reel still works. At one time it was the best recording possible.

Thanks,

Pat