I have the two disks for mce 2005 and i was trying to install them on my windows xp home pc. I was doing an upgrade because i didnt want to reformat the hard drive. It eventaully asked for the 2nd cd which i put in but then it asked for it again. WHen that happeneed i didnt know i was supposed to be putting the first one in again which i later had found out. Instead i tried taking out the second cd and putting back in but since nothing happened i hit cancel. It then continued and installed pro on my pc. Now when i try to do the installation again, it doesnt ask for the second cd, it just continues as if its a normal windows pro installation. Can anyone help me in solving this problem? i really want media center.

Edited by omarramo12
Did you check add remove programs in control panel

it should be listed in there. That is where you remove it from.

There wasnt any media center in the add remove programs. I was looking in the registry though and theres a key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\MedCtrUpg. So it added some stuff but when i cancelled it must have stopped installing media center and jsut did pro and now it wont ask for the second cd during installation. I read also someone saying if i added HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\MediaCenter and then in there make a DWORD value called Installed and make it "1", that would tell the computer that it is a computer that can have media center and make it ask for the second cd but i was afraid to try that and install because i didnt want my computer to get screwed up or soemthing. Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to fix this?

try two things

go to -tools- internet options

settings-view objects-it maybe there if it is remove it

then go to start- search -all files and folders .

type the name in the search box

if it is on your sys search will bring it up

providing youve typed the right name

be carefull what you

delete.it is ptobably better to delete it in safe mode

the search option is not avaiable in in safe mode on some xp

sys. so to delete it.find it in normal mode

right click it send it to your desk top

then delete it in safe mode.

and make sure it is the appli you are looking for

not sure if this will help

good luck