Hey Guys,

I just purchased a used Dell Optiplex this morning (at the 3rd Saturday sidewalk sale, Thanks PeteC) However, it only came with a CD reader, and a "slim" one for that much. So, i figured it'd be cheaper to just buy an enclosure for my current CD burner instead of buying a slim, CD burner.

My question is, what am I looking for in an enclosure? There seems to be a large price range.

Recomendations are welcome :thumbsup:

THanks

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a used Dell Optiplex this morning (at the 3rd Saturday sidewalk sale, Thanks PeteC) However, it only came with a CD reader, and a "slim" one for that much. So, i figured it'd be cheaper to just buy an enclosure for my current CD burner instead of buying a slim, CD burner.

My question is, what am I looking for in an enclosure? There seems to be a large price range.

Recomendations are welcome :thumbsup:

THanks

I like the Metal Gear Box

I have the 3.5 inch version for my external harddrive. Works great.

Good luck with your new 'puter.

Joe

Thanks Joe! That looks like a winner to me.

Yeah, it should work well.

I bought mine at Fry's, paid $50 and at the time thought I got a good deal. But you know how that goes.

The company that makes most of these is

PPA-USA

As you can see from the link, they also make Usb 2.0/ Firewire enclosures. That's what I got.

Good luck with it.

Joe