Hey,

I was looking at getting some sort of liquid cool for multiple reasons.

1) to overclock

2)reduce computer noise

3)its cool :)

I'm not sure how much work it requires or which one to get.

Will i have to take apart my whole system to put it in?

How much will it cost?

Suggestions on specific ones?

My computer...

AMD athlon 64 3000+ CPU

Asus A8N-SLI MB

80gb Samsung Spinpoint ATA150 HD

2-1gb Cosair value ram

PCI-Express x16 ATI Radeon x700 Video Card

Windows XP Media Edition

-Frank

Check the FAQs here under Products at the top of the page.

See here for some kits and other hardware.

are there any specific liquid cool systems that would work well? internal preferabley, i just really dont know whats good/bad so if you could give me a couple of suggestions that would be great. or do you know of a website i could read some reviews on different complete sytems?

I haven't done any liquid cooling myself so will hesitate from making any suggestions on systems. You're best bet is to take your time and look for as much info as you can find via Google or OCing/modding sites.

Here are a few site to wet your appetite and get you going.

Hopefully someone will pop in to this thread who has some experience in the subject and can give you some good info/suggestions. Good luck and have fun with your new project.

I haven't done any liquid cooling myself either, but I'm kinda familiar with it...

Liquid cooling, from what I've heard, can be hard to install, but I don't think you need to take apart your computer. For prices, I'm not an expert on that either, but for some reason $100-$200 come to mind (don't take my word for it, though, i'm not an expert :)).

Also, good luck! Its a good way to learn about the cooling process.

So, I think I might try and get some PayPal donations to my website tutorial on building a computer with water cooling.

I'm sure I can pull in $2000 across the World Wide Web, take a bunch of pictures, and set up a website tutorial/guide

:D In my dreams...

frank are you just planning to cool your CPU? If you are the watergate mini R80 is good. Make sure you have lots of room in your case. It barely fits in mine. The radiator is kind of big.

Edit

When I said make sure there is lots of room I ment is your cpu far enough away from the case. My radiator is pushing up against the pump wich lies ontop of the cpu. It just barely fits.

Edited by Sir_Siddy
frank are you just planning to cool your CPU? If you are the watergate mini R80 is good. Make sure you have lots of room in your case. It barely fits in mine. The radiator is kind of big.

Edit

When I said make sure there is lots of room I ment is your cpu far enough away from the case. My radiator is pushing up against the pump wich lies ontop of the cpu. It just barely fits.

uhh yeah cpu i dont think i need to cool chipsets cuz ASUS has a splended SILENT cooler (some sort of gas or something...) uhh maybe video card?!?! (can you cool ram with one??)