How To Wrap A Present...

I found this link posted by tambits10 at Leoville, thought it was hilarious.

How to wrap a present.

I laughed with empathy. (I have a Siamese...who is the reason for my screen name here and elsewhere as she helps/bosses me even at the computer.)

Last night was interesting, had a wind storm blow through about 3am here, in fact so strong it blew open our front door, (luckily the night temp was fairly mild (upper 40's) compared to the nasty low 20's to low 30's cold weather for most of month previous to last week's warm up).

Anyhow the cat tried to wake me up, I just tucked her in under covers, not realizing she was trying to tell me about the open door. She left in a huff, growling at me. I went back to sleep for awhile, then woke up enough to think about unplugging the computer in case of wind downed power lines or trees knocking out power. So got up, saw door, got scared someone had broken in, not ever thinking the door had blown open. Hubby checked the place out, shut the door he thought, and we went back to bed and back to sleep. About a half hour later I heard the cat, or ? Got up to check and door was blown open again. She was standing guard in front of it, and not speaking to me...HA!!! Luckily the security screen door has a deadbolt on it so we were safe and secure in spite of wood door not latching all the way or whatever. But cat still mad at me today for not taking care of the problem and for her having to stand guard over her house half the night. She is making up for her lack of sleep last night by snoozing in 'papa's' lap while he watches football. Cats are sure funny at times!

P.S. I did get the door firmly shut and latched/locked tight that last time up. And got the computer unplugged for the duration of rest of the windstorm too. No wind today, and light showers, highs in high 50's. All's well that ends well.

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to all.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.

:D Great link, Pat! We had a cat growing up and I remember trying to read a newspaper or play a boardgame was always a challenge.

Good thing you have such a "Big Bad DoorGuardCat" (they do think they are lions, don't they?) Loved the story!

Emailed that link to the kittyowners I know, thanks, they'll love it!

Now, if I can only keep Sandydog from nosing my elbow when I'm looking for that can of beans in her "cookie cupboard" or from needing to jump up and give me a hug when I'm trying to iron (she was raised with cats at her old house, she purrs and does the figure 8 thing around your legs, we call her a Catdog)

Liz