Hanging While Installing Ubuntu

Ok back again. Im trying to install Ubuntu onto another harddrive. Not a dual boot just by it self on one drive. Problem is that it hangs up randomly in the install at different places and I have to restart the computer to get it going again. Iv tried it a few times and I dont know what I can do? Could this be a problem with the drive itself? The drive may be broken Im not sure cause it does act up (sometimes my computer freezes or refueses to boot) when it is hooked up but the seagate diagnostic says its perfectly fine.

Ok back again. Im trying to install Ubuntu onto another harddrive. Not a dual boot just by it self on one drive. Problem is that it hangs up randomly in the install at different places and I have to restart the computer to get it going again. Iv tried it a few times and I dont know what I can do? Could this be a problem with the drive itself? The drive may be broken Im not sure cause it does act up (sometimes my computer freezes or refueses to boot) when it is hooked up but the seagate diagnostic says its perfectly fine.

Did you check your md5checksum before you burned the install CD?

how would you do that?

On my windows box I've got a little utility called winmd5sum that checks to make sure your md5sum download iso matches the md5sum of your Linux iso that is posted on your Linux download website. You can download the utility for free:

http://www.download.com/WinMD5Sum/3000-2381_4-10115916.html

it sounds like the drive may be the problem. Do you have any usb devices, if so unplug them; usb devices have been know to cause some install problems. Because you say it stalls at different points, that leads me to believe it is not a usb problem(try unpluging them anyways).

Edited by shanenin