You will find a couple of things that we will have to wait a couple of days or weeks for.

Most things were upped along with the upgrade. But not everything. Spell-check upped, but not the librarys yet. And there are a few themes out for it. But not alot.

Just like when FF hit 1.0, everything is going to have to be made to work with it all over again.

But there are alot of extensions that are ready to use.

Most things will be made to work with the new build, we will just have to give them some time.

If your profile is made from older version, then it best to make a new profile. Mozilla Knowledge said it best to create a new profile. the Firefox itself maybe not buggy, but The Firefox and your userperf is telling Firefox what to do, so end of that, some perf is missing and result of that. so try to make a new profile and report back if it fix

When you installed Firefox the first time a new profile (Default) was automatically created for you.

To open the Profile Manager so you can create a fresh profile use:

Start, Run, Firefox -p

----------

For the adventurous (or impatient) you might try this:

Originally posted by: markofkane over at G4

Make all of your old extensions work with "Nightly tester tools 0.7.9.10"

Nightly Tester Tools

I had a few false starts but eventually I got all my favorite extensions going.

Edited by CurlingSteve

The profile folder is not removed when you uninstall Firefox from Add/Remove.

It will retain all of your previous settings, and re-apply them to your new install, if it's not deleted.

That's why, when you install a new version of Firefox, your previous settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc., all remain the same.

For a Fresh (start from scratch) install, this folder has to be removed.

Uninstall your current version of Firefox from Add/Remove programs.

Set windows to show hidden files.

Then navigate to:

C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles

Delete this folder (or send it to the Recycle Bin as a backup).

Then navigate to:

C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox, and delete that folder.

Then reinstall Firefox.

That will create a new Profile folder.

Note: All of your previous preferences will be lost.

You will have to go through the options menu, and reset everything back to the way you had it.

You might want to make a copy of Bookmark.html while your in there.

It's located here:

C:\ Documents and Settings \ user name \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.7dp \ Bookmark.html

That way you can replace the new one created, with all of your current bookmarks.

I tried firefox 1.5 seems buggy to me, one thing a bar shows up at the bottom of the browser, even using default theme, and when I close firefox it doesnt close all the way still shows it is running in processes. I went back to 1.07.

What kind of bar?????...

Anything like this pic with a little *RED*--> ^ on the left near the left border???

FFDisplay.jpg

If so, then you may have reinstalled Windows in a different folder the second time and Firefox 1.5 is reading Data from 2-Sources (the Original install "Application Data Folder >Mozilla Folder" and the second install "Application Data Folder >Mozilla Folder") and having a hard time dealing with it...

That's what my problem was as shown in the PIC above..

After, 1st *Exporting My Bookmarks to the Desktop* and deleting All Mozilla/Firefox folders and doing a *Fresh Install* of Firefox 1.5 it is now fine....

1.5 ROCKS!!!!

LTGRecommended2a.jpg