How To Determine How Much Memory I Can Use?

I want to upgrade my memory. I need to determine now how high my system is able to be upgraded.

Will my computer only be able to use up to a certain amount? I have 767 in two slots now, originally had 512. I want to take out my 256 and replace it with 1G.

Thanks for the help, everbody.

Try the info at Crucial.com. Good memory, fully guaranteed and nice folks to deal with.

I just ordered 512MB for my T2200 eMachine from crucial..I saw it and waited a few days and sure enough It was 10% off just 3 days later (This was 5 days ago)..Crucial makes it very EZ with the way they set you up..Now my question. When I get it, do I just install it, turn my machine back on and the new memory will automatically be recognized ?? and on my "Performance Options" my Vitual memory is currently at 720MB now..When I get my new mem do I increase this up to a GB ??

TIA

All you have to do is pop out the stick you want to replace and put in the new one (with the system off of course)

That's all to it - in case you need pictures or anything I'm sure you can google for a instructional guide

Hi xxkbxx, We're you replying to me or LiXindi ? I'm adding 512 to my already existing 512..and still nedd to know if I have to increase my Virtual memory ??

Thanks again..

Your computer will automatically see the increase in RAM and begin using it.

If your Virtual Memory (Paging File) size is set to System Managed that will automatically adjust as well.

If it's set manually (Custom Size) you will need to increase it yourself.

1.5 times the RAM size is the figure I've seen recommended most.

(But in my and many other's opinion System Managed is the best setting).

Your computer will automatically see the increase in RAM and begin using it.

If your Virtual Memory (Paging File) size is set to cSystem Managed that will automatically adjust as well.

If it's set manually (Custom Size) you will need to increase it yourself.

1.5 times the RAM size is the figure I've seen recommended most.

(But in my and many other's opinion System Managed is the best setting).

Thanks Curlingb - Thats what I needed to know..I always see 2 or 3 different answers to the same question on which is better - System Managed or Custom..I use custom now but to be safe I'm going now to change it to Sys Managed to be ready when I pop in the new 512 Monday..

Thanks again..