Totally Hidden By Window, But Linux Can See It

I have this about 35 folder really TOTALLY hidden in Window, even i made all hidden folder and file to become visible. Nero 6 can see this folder, but when i use Window Explorer, it hidden. So Knoppix can see the folder

The folder is found.000 (all the way to) found.035. So i have Knoppix count them how much they have in MB, Knoppix said 53 MB. Im wondering why Windoze is hiding the folders. a virus?? i just run a scan now. i will let you know the result.

No those are not virus files.

The FOUND.xxx files are created by Error Checking (CHKDSK) finding errors on a FAT32 partition.

They contain blocks of disk space with errors in them.

More on FOUND.000

Explorer doesn't show them normally because they're not only marked hidden, they're also marked as system files.

To see them you need to not only enable "Show hidden files and folders", you need to disable "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" farther down.

Edited by CurlingSteve
I have this about 35 folder really TOTALLY hidden in Window, even i made all hidden folder and file to become visible. Nero 6 can see this folder, but when i use Window Explorer, it hidden. So Knoppix can see the folder

The folder is found.000 (all the way to) found.035. So i have Knoppix count them how much they have in MB, Knoppix said 53 MB. Im wondering why Windoze is hiding the folders. a virus?? i just run a scan now. i will let you know the result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was trick I found out a while back, if people have hidden folders etc...

Open nero and browse all the directories desktop, c:, my documents ect. and you will be able to see the hidden folders..