Hi and I am new here and my question is can you create an new ISO file using an audio CD?

I wish to create an ISO file so I can mount it onto my Hard Drive and then play the CD from the Hard Drive.

I have a couple of favorite music CD/s that I wish to do this with and any help would be appreciated.

I have Nero 6.1.3 and also Easy CD Creator 4 and have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

I have searched Google but still am in the dark.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction with some sort of guide, that would be helpful.

Thanks! Pete. :P

It would make more sense to rip the tracks into individual files. If you want to retain the quality you could use FLAC. If you don't mind trading some quality for small size, you could use Vorbis, MP3, or some other lossy encoding. As a rule of thumb, FLAC will probably take up about half the space of uncompressed PCM while the lossy encodings at decent quality levesl will probably take about a tenth as much space. You could also mix and match so your favourite tracks are lossless and the rest are lossy.