Office 2010 Starter Edition (Word + Excel) is still available for download

M$ got rid of this as they figured out people would pay for it (Office 365), but luckily the internet have preserved it and it's available for download.

There's four simple steps for it:

1) Download the files (choose your preferred language)
1b) If it doesn't download then that means your ISP blocked it, so use a VPN (Proton VPN offers a free VPN service and it's perfectly fine for this)

2) Install setupconsumerc2rolw.exe
3) Open the folder "Updates" and install click2run-x-none.msp (this makes it functional again)
4) Restart, and it's done.

I've been using Office 2007 with a pirated key for years now, but I decided to give this a try as I only use Word and Excel.

I’ve used older versions too and ran into similar issues. The steps you listed for downloading Office 2010 Starter sound pretty straightforward. I once had to use a VPN to get around a block while trying to download software, and Proton VPN worked like a charm for me.After getting everything set up, I realized I really missed using Excel for organizing my projects. That’s when I found My Excel Online, which has been super helpful. Their tutorials helped me pick up new tricks for using Excel efficiently. It’s nice to have those resources to make things smoother.

• 2 weeks later...

If you’re just using Word and Excel, Office 2010 Starter works, but it’s kinda outdated. Newer versions have more features and are more secure, so you might wanna upgrade for smoother use. Plus, old software can cause issues.

I found a site that sells cheap Microsoft Office and Windows. It’s called Nerdused. Could be a better, affordable option if you wanna upgrade.

Edited by Liam Connr