I'm not seeing a security tab on the internet options panel.

This has just happened out of nowhere.

Also, when I go out to the Microsoft Updates site, it keeps telling me that i need to install update KB823353. Well, i've installed that update about 6 times already and it sais i've done it successfully. And it just keeps comming up.

I've done spyware scans, virus scans, and others. Nothing.

i'm running Windows XP service pack one. If anyone knows any solutions, please let me know. thanks.

From what I remember, it's actually SP1 that needs to be RE-installed. There's an error or corruption in it that won't allow that particular update to be "flagged" that it's done.

It's, I believe, related to Outlook and whether you use it or not Windows will try to keep it up to date. Again, if I remember correctly, nothing you do with Outlook (uninstalling then reinstalling, etc.) will fix it.

I had a different update that kept reinstalling and I do not remember what I did that finally allowed it to take (me and my memory). <_<

SP2 is over 200 MBs so if you decide you want it on CD, try calling Microsoft at the number they gave me---

Quote-

" Service Pack 2 Team. They have the expertise to answer these type of queries. You can talk to them directly over the phone at (888) SP2-HELP (772-4357). Their normal business hours are Monday through Friday 5.00 am to 9.00 pm Pacific Time, Saturday and Sunday 6.00 am to 3.00 pm Pacific time."

-End Quote.

I had trouble downloading updates once & renamed the Software Distribution folder to Software Distribution Old.

Then went to Windows Update & tried again & things worked.

When I looked in C:\Windows I had a new Software Distribution folder.

This may or may not work for you...

I'm not seeing a security tab on the internet options panel.

This has just happened out of nowhere.

Also, when I go out to the Microsoft Updates site, it keeps telling me that i need to install update KB823353. Well, i've installed that update about 6 times already and it sais i've done it successfully. And it just keeps comming up.

I've done spyware scans, virus scans, and others. Nothing.

i'm running Windows XP service pack one. If anyone knows any solutions, please let me know. thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>