Lots Of New Stuff Happening

I think ill do a mass edition of on the web of what ive read.

Steve jobs calls music comapnies greedy

http://www.reallysimplenews.com/articles/3...ies_greedy.html

Eolas becomes $500million richer as microsoft loses patent battle

http://www.reallysimplenews.com/articles/3...LAS_patent.html

DVD are you on the blue-ray or hd camp?

http://www.reallysimplenews.com/articles/3...le_divides.html

BT Ireland has dedicated hate site

http://www.reallysimplenews.com/articles/3...OG_OFFquot.html

And microsoft will support PDF's in office 12.

http://www.reallysimplenews.com/articles/3..._office_12.html

I also have an email waiting from my national tv station, about how they can legaly show the dead bodies floating in the water in New Orleans, and more recently video footage of bali blast as it happened. Espically when its on at 6pm in the day. When i get a reply i will post an article about it.

Pierce

Jobs calling music companies greedy: Higher prices for iTunes will cause damage to the music industry. Greed's gonna get 'em and I'm losing any empathy I had.

Eolas: MS has a history of incorporating other's work into their products. Maybe, just maybe, they'll eventually wind up paying someone for their work (Gates could pay that $500M using the change that's fallen between the seats of his car).

HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray: The lower cost of implementing HD-DVD will probably win out over the better technical specs of Blu-Ray. "Better" is not enough to win over consumers.

BTIreland dedicated hate site: What company DOESN'T have one? (Had to use context to figure out what BTIreland was --)

"Save as" PDF in next MSO: Not exactly Earth shattering. I guess if you're a user it will be a nice addition.

<edit> Showing bodies: It's been going on for decades, there are photos of bodies from our Civil War. It's obviously unpleasant and I believe unecessary unless you're trying to make a particular statement.

The blast in Bali: Al Quaida connections huh? Too bad this will be ignored by those who believe terrorism will go away if we just do things differently. Ignoring thousands of deaths past, present and in the future because you don't "like" war is shameful.

IMO.

Edited by JDoors

Oh, I agree, showing bodies in the news is not acceptable to me either. However as I hinted at (and I should know by now that hinting is rarely successful), it's meant to convey a certain message, a POLITICAL one. Media outlets that are unbiased or that support the reasons behind a war do not do it for the same reasons you and I find it despicable. Only those outlets that sell their wares by dealing in schlock every day or those purposely trying to horrify their audience to enforce their editorial point of view about a war stoop so low.

And yes, I understand how they justify it. Their reasons do not wash. I could explain it but the examples I would have to give to illustrate why would be too graphic and disturbing. Let's just say many in the media love to wrap themselves in the cloak of journalistic integrity but it's plain to those of us outside the business that the Media's Emperor's have no clothes.

Pierce and Jdoors, sounds like you agree with eachother about showing bodies on the television, like Jdoors said, "unpleasant and unnecessary unless you're proving a point"

I just hate seeing that footage. Not because it saddens me, but when kids see that stuff, they don't even react. They're "numb" to it. Now that is tragic and heartbreaking. It concerns me how things in the world will be when they grow up--will they just accept tradegies as a normal part of life?? I sure hope not.

Liz

Pierce and Jdoors, sounds like you agree with eachother about showing bodies on the television, like Jdoors said, "unpleasant and unnecessary unless you're proving a point"

I just hate seeing that footage.  Not because it saddens me, but when kids see that stuff, they don't even react.  They're "numb" to it.  Now that is tragic and heartbreaking.  It concerns me how things in the world will be when they grow up--will they just accept tradegies as a normal part of life??  I sure hope not.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to criticize how the children react. But have you tried playing some of todays video games?

It's no wonder they are indifferent with the type of killing they do on most of those games. Seeing bodies floating by is a part of alot of the games. And that's the mellow stuff.

JSKY absolutly, but there is a difference. The violence in computer games is merly 1's and 0's a cartoon depiction of ones imagination. The reality of the news isnt quite the same. Violence in video games as it becomes more relistic does and definatly does make people more immune to it all.

JDoors sorry for not reading your post correctly, I know i should just chill out and relax a bit more, but being back at university is making me do the stupidest of things, oh well hehe, thanks for being patient as you always are.

Pierce

I just hate seeing that footage.  Not because it saddens me, but when kids see that stuff, they don't even react.  They're "numb" to it.  Now that is tragic and heartbreaking.  It concerns me how things in the world will be when they grow up--will they just accept tradegies as a normal part of life??  I sure hope not.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to criticize how the children react. But have you tried playing some of todays video games?

It's no wonder they are indifferent with the type of killing they do on most of those games. Seeing bodies floating by is a part of alot of the games. And that's the mellow stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, yeah, you're right about some video games, I thank God my kids find the violent ones boring and prefer Sim City! There are folks who say the violence started from Bugs Bunny Style Cartoons, but Wiley Coyote always managed to crawl out from under the Acme Anvil ;)

Liz