Any body run into this lately?

I just clicked a url shortcut on my desktop that USED to go to www.arthuravenuebronx.com, an Italian neighborhood website.

What I got instead was their url but a whole page banner saying "Hacked by MDX", and playing what sounds like Turkish rap type music.

I did a Google search of 'hacked by mdx'. The first ten or so hits where normal looking websites, but when you click them they either have the 'hacked by mdx' logo, or are blank.

Wonder who this nut is?

My guess: A bored, under-supervised, pimply-faced teen with no social life outside of the other bored, under-supervised, pimply-faced teens they hang out with. Once they get a girlfriend or boyfriend they'll find something else to do with their time (only to be replaced by the next generation of bored, under-supervised, pimply-faced teens with no social life).

(I can say that because I was once that kid.)

"I can say that because I was once that kid."

Yeah, I was too.

Although when I was growing up the only computer was ENIAC.

What we used to do for kicks was to put a penny in a vice, and file it down to the size of a dime.

If you did it just right, they would work in a public phone booth. Yeah, we even had Booths then!

If I remember correctly, it took about 45 minutes of constant filing to get the size right. So although the cost to benefit ratio was silly at best, it was an original hack. Or crack.

Joe B)

Oh, and a phone call only cost a dime! But I guess we thought that was too much at the time.

Edited by irregularjoe
... What we used to do for kicks was to put a penny in a vice, and file it down to the size of a dime. ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My first forays into that world came before computers were networked, you had to have physical access to the hardware. Just figuring out passwords (with subsequent shenanigans), key combinations that weren't public knowledge that would give you 'administration' access, intentionally crashing systems, stupid stuff. Fun at the time. But pretty stupid. (Like changing people's user names to "I like to suck $##@@." :blush: )