Cooking Recipes

Sup All...

I am trying to prepare a nice candle light dinner for my girls b-day tomorrow and under anytype of flame light or moonlight you can't go with a dark dinner, i mean you have to see what you are eating right...

Well here is what I have come up with for her dinner, but I am also looking for expand my horizons a bit with some of ther dinner time recipes. Let me know what you think...and if you have anything you would like to share...ADD it I am sure everyone else will be estatic to try something different as well.

***Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Stuff Chicken***

4-5 full size chicken breast (boneless is the best and easiest), make a slight cut into the meat about half way through. Have the cheddar sliced thin and feed a few pieces in with a fork...you can even rip the chicken a little bit, but don't over do it so you lose the cheese while cooking. Place in a pan to put in the over (or if you prefer the microwave, but might make the meat a little dry after 7 min in the microwave) and place in over for about 10-12 minutes. Cook of some bacon, but don't make it crispy, leave it a little limp so you can wrap around the chicken. After the 10-12 minutes in the over, remove the chicken and let cool for about 3-5 minutes. Take a fork, or you can use your hands, and wrap the chicken with the bacon, as much or as little as you want. I use tooth picks to hold the bacon to the chicken, also i like to add a few more pieces of cheddar under the bacon strips to make it even cheeser, but it can be messy at times. Place back in over for no more than 10 minutes as not to burn anything or over cook.

Add some side dishes of green beans, some squash and zuccini go great mixed with a little bit of oil and vinegar even cooked in some terryaki marinade is good, or even some sautéed mushrooms...

Hope you guys like...let me know your Ideas...!

Edited by Vile_DR

Mmm. Im hungry already. That sounds so good. :thumbsup:

If ya need something to dip the chicken in, here's a copy cat recipe for Zaxby's Chicken Dipping Sauce. (Zaxbys is a resturant in the south east [uSA].) The actual dipping sauce is GREAT! THe copy cat recipe is good if you can get it right, but it might take a few tries.

It doesnt sound like you need dipping sauce, but just incase.

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup Heinz ketchup

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

lots of black pepper

Recipe

Mix together the mayo, ketchup and garlic powder blending well.

Add worcestershire sauce and blend well.

Cover surface of sauce with black pepper until just coated. Blend well.

Repeat process covering surface of sauce with black pepper and stir until

blended well. Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to use to allow the

flavors to mingle.

Sup All...

I am trying to prepare a nice candle light dinner for my girls b-day tomorrow and under anytype of flame light or moonlight you can't go with a dark dinner, i mean you have to see what you are eating right...

Well here is what I have come up with for her dinner, but I am also looking for expand my horizons a bit with some of ther dinner time recipes.  Let me know what you think...and if you have anything you would like to share...ADD it I am sure everyone else will be estatic to try something different as well.

***Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Stuff Chicken***

4-5 full size chicken breast (boneless is the best and easiest), make a slight cut into the meat about half way through.  Have the cheddar sliced thin and feed a few pieces in with a fork...you can even rip the chicken a little bit, but don't over do it so you lose the cheese while cooking.  Place in a pan to put in the over (or if you prefer the microwave, but might make the meat a little dry after 7 min in the microwave) and place in over for about 10-12 minutes.  Cook of some bacon, but don't make it crispy, leave it a little limp so you can wrap around the chicken.  After the 10-12 minutes in the over, remove the chicken and let cool for about 3-5 minutes.  Take a fork, or you can use your hands, and wrap the chicken with the bacon, as much or as little as you want.  I use tooth picks to hold the bacon to the chicken, also i like to add a few more pieces of cheddar under the bacon strips to make it even cheeser, but it can be messy at times.  Place back in over for no more than 10 minutes as not to burn anything or over cook.

Add some side dishes of green beans, some squash and zuccini go great mixed with a little bit of oil and vinegar even cooked in some terryaki marinade is good, or even some sautéed mushrooms...

Hope you guys like...let me know your Ideas...!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great. Although I'd go with the real oven and not the microwave.

Probably preheated to 375. After 15 minutes, reduce to 325.

Overall cooking time should be around 40 minutes though. You don't want to give your girl food poisoning.

To speed things up, you could also bake for 20 minutes at 350 covered with foil and then place under the broiler for a 3 to 5 minutes on each side. (uncovered, of course)

Good luck.

Joe

Oops. I see now that you said boneless. Reduce the cooking time by about 10 minutes.

Edited by irregularjoe

Yeah, i forgot about the temps...I actually think i pre-heat at 400 and then good at 350...i am not sure..i have it all written down at home (unfortunately i am at work), but definitely am not using a microwave...I only use that for leftovers, if there are any...

How about this...?

Bonless steak tips (your choice and way of cooking), no sauces, but marinaded in Italian Dressing, drained and served over

Shredded Provolone Cheese mixed into rigitoni spagethi, with a touch of marinari sauce for taste and color (or even a garlic/herb spice mix). Additives being tomatoes and spiniach.

I think I am going to need a bib for my drool