Hi All,

Started the computer today and Spybot "detected an important registry entry has been changed" and wants to know whether to accept or deny the change. Problem is that I can't figure out what it is--google brought up a hijack log, but you know I can't read those things!!!

So does anyone know what this is before I tell Spybot to just deny it?

VS98_setup_wizard

old data: C/Documents~1\"our computer name"\locals~1\Temp\vs

*Now just yesterday, Son installed a CD for his C++ Class--I also wonder if it has something to do with this....

And if it is something important and I tell Spybot to deny it (I wont check the "remember this decision box"), do I need to do something special to get it back?????

Edit!! I hovered my mouse over parts of that C++ program that Son installed yesterday. It is called Microsoft Visual Studio--the V S seems like it would be part of that program. What do you think??

Thanks,

Liz

Edited by blim

If it were me I would take the fact that the file is in a TEMP folder as gospel that it CAN be deleted, and I would do so without hesitation. :)

<edit> Yeah, PARTICULARLY if something was recently installed, many install programs leave bits and pieces behind, conveniently enough, in TEMP folders so they're easy to spot and delete.

Edited by JDoors

Thank you JDoors!!! I'll go ahead and "deny the change" as that box has been lurking in the taskbar since I started the computer and its bothering me :)

Started thinking that it might just be a "shortcut request" for that program Son installed, since most programs want to plop an icon on the desktop.

Liz