I got my comp back from my techy neighbour, and I noticed that there are two drives, a C:\ and a E:\ the E drive is the new one, but the E drive has 36.6gb's of storage! I was just wondering how he got 2 drives on my comp. Btw, the next time I see him I will ask him.

through the magic of wizardry!

actually, he just hooked up a 40g drive onto the IDE ribbon cable and to the power supply

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So... He put another drive in my comp? Cause if he did I need to thank him. lol

I got my comp back from my techy neighbour, and I noticed that there are two drives, a C:\ and a E:\ the E drive is the new one, but the E drive has 36.6gb's of storage! I was just wondering how he got 2 drives on my comp. Btw, the next time I see him I will ask him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it a REAL extra drive or a virtual one?

He could have just created a different partition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it a REAL extra drive or a virtual one?

He could have just created a different partition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just learning about comps, so how would I be able to find out?

Any reason he would be generous enough to just give you a 40 gig drive? What was he working on it for in the first place? were you out of space or what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, he is the type of guy to give me free comp stuff. He had it because it wouldnt boot up so he just formated it.

Any reason he would be generous enough to just give you a 40 gig drive? What was he working on it for in the first place? were you out of space or what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, he is the type of guy to give me free comp stuff. He had it because it wouldnt boot up so he just formated it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Open the case up and take a look, thats the easiest way to know if you have 1 or 2 physical drives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Open the case up and take a look, thats the easiest way to know if you have 1 or 2 physical drives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before I take a look, where abouts would they be?

Ahh, ok i'll take a look tomorrow, thanks.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want a picture of one, just go to Google and type in HDD and click on images. You'll see a wide selection of hard drive pics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Double thanks. :thumbsup::P

Hey, your friendly neighbor want to donate any hard drives? i know some good loving homes that would like to adopt them..:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lmao ha. He truley is a nice guy, you ask him anything as a favour and he will do it!