At the request of TT, I am reposting my problem from G$ to here:

Here is a link for reference, but I'll give more info in this thread

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?cat...threadid=470462

I cannot use another client, and I'd rather not reinstall outlook, as I have other domain users on that computer that are configured and working. I also wouldn't be able to get there til tomorrow, as my car is in the shop.

Heres the setup. Keep in mind there is still alot about networking(especially with samba) that I dont understand.

The computer logs into a samba domain. I added 3 users to the SuSe server, then added them as samba users.

All 3 users share this machine.

I logged into the Windows XP machine under each user name, and configured Outlook for thier e-mail addresses, which use POP/SMTP

The first 2 I got configured, but could only send but not receive mail.

I later found out it was because of Norton's spam filter, and I am a dummy!

Those 2 outlook accounts work fine now.

So on the third account, I logged into the domain, and this time configured Outlook to point at an Exchange server, knowing full well we weren't using Exchange. I used the same IP that I used on the other configurations.

I was just experimenting and seeing if there were other more in depth options, and figured I could just reconfigure later.

That was my mistake.

Now when I open Outlook under that user name, It looks for the Exchange server that isn't there. I have no way to option out.

When I open Outlook, this is the error I get:

outlook1.jpg

I hit OK or x out, as these are my only options, I get this:

outlook2.jpg

Then I hit any of the options, erase the username and or IP, etc...etc...I get this:

outlook3.jpg

Then I hit OK or x out, and the program just closes. I just want the program to stay open so I can reconfigure it!!

Here is what I tried.

I deleted that users profile from Windows. In order to be able to do that, I had to disable them in Samba.

I deleted thier C:/docs and settings/username

I recreated the Samba account, and it recreated the profile, but Outlook still behaved the same way.

I searched the registry, and couldn't find anything pointing to the IP for an Exchange server, but I did find that IP in a reg key for Outlook. I deleted that, and it still didnt resolve the problem, so I put the key back, as that IP still refers to the POP/SMTP server for the other domain users

I renamed outlook.ost to outlook.ost.old, and it just recreates a new one.

In order to make the Outlook.ost an offline folder, you have to be able to access the program, so thats not an option either

I just wish that I could get Outlook to stay open so I can create the account properly and unpoint it from the non existant Exchange server.

Any help appreciated, and remember, this is Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express.

Thanks guys

EDIT:

To fix image tags

Edited by DumbTerminal