I had go to my pc for a year. It allowed me to remotely connect to a work based computer. I've read about trojan's and how they can let another user take control of thier sys. My qoestion is isn't gotomy pc or logmeon just a form of a trojan? How can a user know if someone takes control of his computer if it's alway's on? Any thoughts or ideas about this would be appreciated.

"A form of Trojan" is not really fair or accurate. Remote services are legitimate programs with legitimate purposes (work, repairs, etc.). Trojans are meant to steal stuff or interrupt another computer just because they can (by morons wasting their lives).

You probably CAN'T know if someone has compromised your PC with a Trojan, key logger, or other malware, unless you run software meant to root it out. You -might- notice a loss in speed or performance, but you can't rely on that as an indicator: In today's "connected" environment you MUST scan your PC for malware regularly.